Sunday, August 18, 2013

...burn my bridges...


The air is stale in the room tonight
Ain’t nothing but memories
Lurking in behind my sad eyes
There is more to come, I realize
But i can’t see the forest for the trees. 

Where are you?
I’m hanging on for you
Are you here yet?
Waiting just around the bend

Draw me in, set me ablaze....

Set those bridges on fire for me. 
Light up the passion inside
Show me all that was meant to be
Burn those bridges for me. 

What came before you broke me
Truth is I thought it was over
All I’d lost was a dream
But what I’d wanted was to see
A shelter for my heart, a cover. 

Where are you?
I’m hanging on for you
Are you here yet? 
Waiting just around the bend?

Take them down, 
Burn Burn Burn
Dismantle 
Burn Burn Burn
Let’s dance together 
And watch the bridges
Burn Burn Burn...

No comments:

Post a Comment